Hello EY1 families,
What a wonderful first week it has been getting to know everyone and exploring the new learning spaces. The children seemed very excited and comfortable in their new classroom ( with some not wanting to leave at the end of our sessions this week, which is a great sign). Thank you for all of your support with encouraging your child to be brave, independent and supporting them in making connections with their new teachers and peers. By us all working together, we have already created a wonderful class community which makes this transition to school a positive experience for all involved. Just a few reminders for next week:
- Drop off – Please meet us on the playground at 7:50am. Remember it is important to use positive language when speaking with your child about school. Such as “I know you will have lots of fun” or “remember all the fun you had last week at school”. It is also important to reassure your child that you will be back to pick them up at the end of the day. We know saying goodbye can be difficult for both parent and child, but from our experience it works best if you keep your goodbye short, and once you decide to leave, please make sure you follow through with this. Do not come back as say goodbye for a second or third time, as this can be confusing and will prolong the process.
- Swimming will start on Monday – Please remember to pack a towel and swimming cap in their school bags. It would also be helpful if the students arrived at school with their swimsuits under their uniform, however we understand this might be challenging and therefore feel free to pop it in their school bag and we can try and change them once they have settled into the morning routine (sometimes if helps seeing all their peers wearing their swimsuits first). Swimming suit must be a KIS suit.
- Please remember to bring a toothbrush, toothpaste and a cup (clearly labelled with your child’s name) if you haven’t already done so. You will also need to provide a bed sheet, blanket, pillow and a lovely or teddy (something they find comforting) if your child is full day.
- Pick up times – Half day: 12:30pm Full day: 2:30pm (please remember is it important to be on time).
- The schedule for the Schedule 2018-19week can be found on the notice board outside the classroom doors as well as attached to the blog.
- PE uniform – This should be worn on Tuesdays and Wednesdays.
- Regular uniform – This should be worn on Monday, Thursday and Friday.
- Please also remember to pack a water bottle and a spare change of clothing including underwear (just in case).
If you have any questions or concerns please do no hesitate to email us.
We hope you all have a lovely weekend and we will see you all on Monday.
The EY! team.