Dear EY2 Parents,
A BIG congrats to Nate and Jack for receiving their quality learning behavior awards!
On Friday we had a special assembly with visitors from from Cape Town, South Africa. The Klipton Youth Programme Dancers performed for us after the award ceremony! Then we got to go to a special workshop with them later in the day! It was a great experience.
In response to meeting these excellent dancers, seeing their performance and hearing all about their culture and work, members of the Student Council have suggested we hold a Non-Uniform Day this Friday, May 17th, 2019.
Donations to wear casual clothes will directly help fund:
- Breakfast and After-School homework Clubs for orphaned children
- Skills training & reading programmes to help community members get employment and stay away from crime and drugs.
In order to take par to NON – UNIFORM DAY, you can wear your normal clothes and you must make a donation to our wonderful performers from the Kliptown Youth Program. Please bring the donation on Friday morning.
Parents can join Ms. June and Mr. Gerry on Friday, May 17 at 8am for a parent forum. See the attached letter for more information.
Thank you for booking your time for the Student-Led Conferences! A few reminders about conferences (coming Monday May 20th, 2019) :
- Its not a regular school day, parents come with their child for their conference time.
- Specialist rooms will be available too – make sure to go see them!Visit specialists before or after the scheduled time.
- Students lead their parents (for most things).
- Uniform must be worn.
- There will be snacks and coffee/juice available throughout the day.
- Please leave siblings in the Library.
- Please try to avoid talking on your phones while conferencing.
Looking forward seeing you all next week!
Regards EY2 team