Tomorrow morning we will have some special events to mark our last day of the school year. We will begin at 9:00 am with The EY2 Breakfast Pyjama Party on Zoom to celebrate our time together. Please join the party with this link, and come with your breakfast ready and your pyjamas on!
The PYP Talent Show will begin at 9:30 am, just after our breakfast, and can be found by following this link. You can watch the Early Years performances first, followed by the lower and upper grade school shows… and that will bring our school year to a close!
If you are looking for fun resources to keep your child learning over the summer, Ms. Lindsay’s Holiday Activities page is full of them! Explore the page for activity ideas for literacy, STEM, music, PE, art, and more.
Some other summer learning resources include:
- Ten frame and five frame games from Illuminations
- math games and songs at Brainzy (create your own password and sign-up for free, select Pre-K math)
- read-alouds on Ms. Lindsay’s library page
- Read alouds at Storyline Online
- literacy games at starfall.com
- wordless picture books at https://freekidsbooks.org/?s=wordless.
- Play “BAM” (card game) to practice letter sounds (game instructions here)
- STEAM activities from the Makerspace (including construction projects, design challenges, science experiments, etc.)
- Build a Fort
In addition to the resources above, KIS teachers have also volunteered to do a weekly story time on Zoom for any KIS student who would like to join. Summer Story Time will begin on Monday June 15th at 10:00 am, and will continue every Monday at 10:00 am until August 3rd. Follow this link to join.
It has been wonderful working with your children this year, and we have missed them dearly during the school closure. The whole EY2 team would like to wish everyone a safe and relaxing summer, and look forward with optimism to learning and playing together back at school next year!