FunZOOM Friday and Passion Fridays
Last Friday we had a great time with our FunZOOMs: LEGOs & Superheroes, Magic Tricks, Scavenger Hunt, Comic Drawing, and Unicorns & Rainbows. Thank you to all who took part.
We would like to carry on with something similar for our final few weeks. We are still looking for your ideas for Passion Fridays and would like to thank Ada, Marcus, Peem, Pipe, Zeina, Gianna, Matt, Maxy, Namo, and Orca, for sharing their ideas with us so far.
Please click on the following link to add your ideas in this shared document.
This information will give us a better idea of what topics to include in the Friday ZOOM sessions.
* * * * *
For ZOOM sessions that are lesson-focused, please review the following with your children. Many have been doing very well during these sessions, but an occasional reminder may help others who still aren’t sure about the behaviour expectations.
In addition to the guidelines shown in the image below (click to enlarge), here are a few pointers to keep in mind:
– Students should be seated, either on a chair at a table/desk, or on the floor (preferably with their back to a wall)
– Whatever device the student is using, it should be positioned in such a way that their hands are free. If necessary, prop up tablets or mobile phones at eye level so that the student’s face is clearly visible.
– Please keep backgrounds simple for instructional ZOOM lessons. Green-screen type VR backgrounds are more suitable for social ZOOMs (example House Meet-Up ZOOMs and upcoming Spirit Activity Day ZOOMs).
– Students should be aware of how to Mute & Unmute their microphones (and know when it is appropriate to do so) as well as Leave a meeting when it’s over. Your child may need your support on how to to do these until they can do it independently.
– Please ensure that students eat either before their ZOOM meeting, or wait until it is over.
Thank you for your support.
* * * * *
Distance Learning Activities
Below is a link for this week’s Blue Book activities.
EY3 Blue Book Instructions (May18-22)
Also, you can access our weekly plans as well as our schedule that includes students’ “I Can” statements as well as the Learning Objectives for each activity. You can find these in the EY3 Weekly Planning and Home Learning (Emergencies) links under Pages on the right-hand side of this blog page.
* * * * *
Choice Board (for Can Do activities):
Once again this week, we are also including a Choice Board that has 6 engaging and fun inquiry activities that your child and you can do at home. These activities are all linked to the unit through ATLs and subjects, and each one has a goal for the children to accomplish. They also list all the resources that your child will need for the activity. If your child would like to share their learning, they can post it to Seesaw.
Just click on the picture for the board. Once it opens, click ‘Present’ and HAVE FUN!
Virtual ASAs (After-School Activities) and EY Spirit Day
The PYP Virtual After-School Activities begin today and are an option for students who wish to participate. See the details below under Letters from Admin.
Tomorrow (May 19th) is our EY Spirit Day. Ms. Kirsten has sent details about this on Seesaw under ANNOUNCEMENTS, and the EY3 activity links have been added to our class Google Calendar. You also received a hard copy inside the front cover of your child’s new Blue Book. We hope the students have a good time and we look forward to catching up with them once again on Wednesday.
* * * * *
Early Years Spirit Activity Day – Tue. 19th May
EY3 Mini Coffee Meeting – Tue. 26th May @ 10:00 AM
HM Queen Suthida’s Birthday – Wed. 3rd June (NO SCHOOL)
(LGS) Virtual Field Trip Day – Fri. 5th June
Letters from Admin
Please click on the links below to view a letter from Ms. Kirsten regarding Virtual ASA (After-School Activities)
PYP Virtual ASA (PDF)
KIS Virtual ASA 2:30 PM Social Times