Unit of Inquiry 2 – Transdisciplinary Theme:
Where We Are in Place and Time
An inquiry into the orientation in place and time; personal histories; homes and journeys; the discoveries, explorations and migrations of humankind; the relationships between and the interconnectedness of individuals and civilizations, from local and global perspectives.
Title: Family Histories
Family history can connect people to the past, present, and the future.
Lines of Inquiry:
- Family histories
- Location in place and time
- Change over time
- What is a family?
- What is history?
- Where do our families come from?
- What places are important to our families?
- What changes have happened in our lives?
* * * * * * * * *
Unit of Inquiry #1 (Year-Long Unit)
Transdisciplinary Theme: Who We Are
An inquiry into the nature of the self; beliefs and values; personal, physical, mental, social and spiritual health; human relationships including families, friends, communities, and cultures; rights and responsibilities; what it means to be human.
Title: Building Relationships
People develop relationships through the actions and choices they make.
Lines of Inquiry (and teacher questions):
- Community relationships
- Individual and group choice
- Growing through challenge
- What is a relationship?
- What kind of relationships do we have?
- What is a community?
- What is your responsibility in the community?
- How do your choices and actions affect relationships?
- Why might people have different relationships?
(Reflection will occur on an ongoing basis throughout the inquiry.)