Dear Grade 1 Parents,
Thank you for all your support for celebrating 100 Days of school please check out the link below.
G1 created some questions to find out more about our pen pals in the US.
- What are the best games that you like playing?
- How many children are in your class?
- What are your favourite foods?
- What are your favourite colours?
- What are your favourite animals?
- Do you have a class name?
- Who are best friends in your class?
- Does your school have a swimming pool?
- What happened to Teddy’s nose?
- How many children are in your school?
- How many grades are in your school?
- Do you use Kelso choices?
This week the children continued to consolidate focusing on writing numbers in the following ways.
standard form – 47
expanded form – 40 + 7 = 47,
base 10 drawings IIII xxxxxxx
word form – forty seven.
Place Value Basketball Game – The children enjoyed playing this game during centres.
- We also looked at different ways to add.
- Count on method
- Making ten
- Adding the tens and the ones
Unit and Literacy
- The children finished writing their pledges.
- Wrote sentences using the Weekly Words.
- Found words which started with the Phonic letters JVWX & Y,Z,ZZ.QU
- The children explored Haiku poems
- We explored syllables in words
Thank you for your continued support.
The G1 Team