Last Week In Review
In Mathematics we are continuing our investigations and work on fractions in three separate groups.
- Mixed and improper fractions – understanding them and converting them
- Equivalent fractions – understanding them and making them (draw pictures and symbols)
- Problem-solving questions (underline important info, draw representation, use numbers, add arrows)
In Literacy we read and practiced scripts we chose from Raz-Kids for acting, setting scenes and using dramatic effects. We used video to record the mini reader’s theater skits.
We also acted out our final Reader’s Theater scripts we wrote in groups for our Literacy Genre summative. We did this in the Audi-Box. See Slideshow pictures.
In UOI students are making their own persuasive collage images using the UN 2030 Goals and adding a thoughtful title. The focus is finding images that come together to form a persuasive theme that will influence an audience.
We also took part in the WORLD’s Largest Lesson on the UN Sustainable Goals 2030 with student teachers from around the world who came and spoke specifically about Food and Consumption. See photos in slide show
Dates to remember:
- Songkran Break: 6th April to 21st of April
- World Book Day: 23rd of April (and Mr. Nic’s birthday 😉
- April 26th – Book Sharing Assembly & competition winners, 8am Auditorium
- May 13 -24 MAP Testing