Introducing Grade 5 2019
Grade 5 have had a very busy two weeks getting to know each other, their new teachers and the classroom routines. We have seven new students, more on them next week, and one new teacher to KIS as introduced last week. The students have been creating time-capsules, investigating the Learner Profile attributes and presenting their perspective on these, and building their team spirit through games.
Also, most importantly, they have been writing their class essential agreements as below.
Grade 5A Essential Agreements
Creating an inclusive and caring community
We will be caring and inclusive to others
We will show empathy to others
Taking Ethical Action
We will show ethical action by expressing commitment to our learning.
We will take ethical action to improve our world.
Striving for understanding
We will be inquirers
We will collaborate as a team
Nurturing passion in ourselves and others
Showing others the things we love to do inspires
We agree to try new things
Grade 5B Essential Agreements
Strive for understanding of ourselves as learners, and as members of a caring and inclusive community.
Develop our passions and share these by taking ethical action locally and globally before, during and after our PYP Exhibition.
To act upon the specific examples we have shared on our QLB charts and continue to add more as the year progresses for the benefit of all of us.
Grade 5C Essential Agreements
Creating an Inclusive and caring community
We show empathy to others
We are balanced when playing and learning.
We are caring and inclusive to others.
Taking Ethical Action
We take ethical action to improve our world.
We take responsibility to act and speak with integrity.
Striving for Understanding
We collaborate together in a respectful, supportive and open-minded manner.
We are focussed, enthusiastic and determined learners.
Nurturing Passion in Ourselves and Others
Through pride, enthusiasm and commitment to developing our own passions, we inspire others to find their own.
It is really inspiring how close these agreements are to each other.
As part of the learning behaviour – Taking ethical action, 27 students in grade 5 displayed risk taking by putting themselves forward to become house captains and presented themselves to the rest of their houses in Friday’s assembly. They all did brilliantly so it is unfortunate that only two can be picked from each house. The final choices as voted by all members of the house will be announced on Tuesday, we can hardly wait!
- Grade 5 Parent coffee morning Friday 30th August 8am in AP Room (We look forward to seeing you there.)
- Professional Development Day (School Closed): September 19th
- September break (School Closed): September 20th
- G3-G5 Map Testing: September 30th-October 11th
- Water Bottles should be brought to school everyday and returned home to wash every Friday.
- Students need to wear uniforms to school everyday and change into PE kit at school
- Please adhere to the uniform policy in the parent handbook available on the G5 blog
- Student pick-up starts at 2:30-2:45 in classrooms. 2:45 onwards students are to be picked-up in Supervision Room (library)
- To see the teacher for a short chat, see us after school at 2:30 most afternoons, but for a longer meeting, please make an appointment through the office with Ms. Aim or email your teacher to set a convenient meeting time.
- Class starts at 7:50 am so please bring your child to school on time.
- …..For a more complete list of details of life and policies and practices at school, please refer to the Parent Handbook….