Unit of Inquiry #1
Transdisciplinary Theme: Who We Are
An inquiry into the nature of the self; beliefs and values; personal, physical, mental, social and spiritual health; human relationships including families, friends, communities, and cultures; rights and responsibilities; what it means to be human.
Self-development engages people in meaningful action.
Lines of inquiry (and teacher questions):
Creating an inclusive and caring community
– What skills do we need to create friendships and be inclusive?
Striving for understanding
– How can we manage our relationships?
– How do we stay safe within our relationships?
Develop passion in ourselves and others
– How can we be positive and encourage others?
Taking ethical action
– What strategies do we use to solve conflicts?
(Reflection will occur on an ongoing basis throughout the inquiry.)