Unit of Inquiry #3
Transdisciplinary theme: Where We Are in Plce and Time
An inquiry into the orientation in place and time; personal histories; homes and journeys; the discoveries, explorations and migrations of humankind; the relationships between and the interconnectedness of individuals and civilizations, from local and global perspectives
Title: Family Histories
Personal personal identities connect to family histories.
Lines of inquiry:
- The components of identity
- Family histories
- The connection between family histories and identity
- What is identity?
- Where do our families come from?
- How do different identities look?
* * * * * * * * *
Unit of Inquiry #1 (Year-Long Unit)
Transdisciplinary Theme: Who We Are
An inquiry into the nature of the self; beliefs and values; personal, physical, mental, social and spiritual health; human relationships including families, friends, communities, and cultures; rights and responsibilities; what it means to be human.
Self-development engages people in meaningful action.
Lines of inquiry (and teacher questions):
Creating an inclusive and caring community
– What skills do we need to create friendships and be inclusive?
Striving for understanding
– How can we manage our relationships?
– How do we stay safe within our relationships?
Develop passion in ourselves and others
– How can we be positive and encourage others?
Taking ethical action
– What strategies do we use to solve conflicts?
(Reflection will occur on an ongoing basis throughout the inquiry.)