Dear Swim Parents,
Firstly thank you for your continued support of the KIS Swim Program, especially your support in getting your child on time to morning training. I, and certainly Coach Peter, are excited to start the new Term in our new Competitive pool and I would like to share a few details regarding this and some changes/additional to our training schedule.
New Aquatics Centre!
The state of the art aquatics centre will be due to open in January 2019. The new competitive pool is situated above the parking lot between our Arts & Design building and our new Sports Hall. The pool is 8 lanes, 25m long and 2m deep with a standing ledge going all the way round (for students to stand on when receiving coaching instructions). The pool will also have 8 Starting blocks, Touch Pads, official Lane ropes and a digital display board for times. With all of this, we are confident this will help take our swim program to the next level as we can work on dives and record & work on student’s times with the touch pads.
Changes/Additions to Training Schedule
As previously mentioned mid-way through the term, we will be removing the Thursday’s training session and be moving this to Saturday to ensure no further clashes between classes. Please note Saturday training will run from 8:00am till 8:50am in the Primary pool (above the nurses office). Depending on how students development goes, we may look to move this to the new pool later in the year, however we will notify you if we do change pools. Please see the new training schedule for the Development Squad for the rest of the school year below:
- Wednesdays – 7:00am – 7:40am in the Primary Pool
- Saturdays – 8:00am – 8:50am in the Primary Pool
Coach Peter and myself are fully aware that sometimes there are difficulties in getting to school on time for morning sessions and the rush for Secondary student to get on class on time. While it has been fine for the time being that those student have sought additional training outside with other providers, we would like our students to make their training more specific with KIS swim program only. This should help to avoid any confusion with different teacher styles or swim technique which can sometimes harm student development. With this in mind we will be adding a Saturday Morning (9:00am – 10:00am) session for those who are struggling to make the weekday morning session and in order to ensure attendance we will be doing a survey.
Firstly please note the following survey is for all swimmers except the Development squad and will look to clarify which morning option your child would like to take. Afternoon Swimming on Mondays & Fridays are still mandatory for Primary students and Secondary students having the exception to miss one of these lessons for other sports or necessary tutor classes. Before clicking on the survey link, please note that which ever option you pick you will be expected to attend these sessions for the remainder of the school year, barring illness or valid excuse (please email me or Coach Oh of your absences, email@example.com & firstname.lastname@example.org). In the Survey there will be two multiple choice questions, one for both Squad A and the other for Squad B with each question having 5 options. Please see the option below and “visually” the options at the very bottom of the post.
- Keep your original morning training date (one morning training session)
- Change to Saturdays 9:00am – 10:00am (one morning training session)
- Keep your original morning and add Saturdays (two morning training sessions)
- Your child is passionate about swimming and would like to keep their original morning, join the other squad on their weekday morning session and join Saturdays (three morning training sessions)
- Please note if you select this option, please make sure your child is keen for this, we do not want any of our swim students to burn out or lose their passion for swimming. I will be confirming with students that this is there choice if this option is selected.
- I am in the other Squad
- Please note I am making it mandatory for all questions to be answered in the survey, therefore if this is not your squad please ticket this answer and officially answer your squad appropriate question.
Should you have any questions, please feel free to email me
To answer the survey, please click here. Please respond to the survey before Wednesday 19th December. If I do not receive a response I will assume your child is staying with their current morning training (option 1).