Dear Parents and Students,
This year, AISAA will be running the 2nd annual “Battle of the Bands” (BoB) competition which KIS has the privilege of hosting. The event will be on Wednesday 21st March 2018. AISAA’s Battle of the Bands will be split into 3 age groups of Primary (Grades 3-5), Lower Secondary (Grades 6-8) and High school (Grades 9-12).
We are very honored to have the four recognizing artists in the Thai music industry whom will be our
judges for this competition.
- Tanachai “Pod” Ujjin (Lead singer of ModernDog)
- Suveera “Q” Boonrod (Lead singer of Flure)
- Mariam Grey Alkalali (Lead singer of B5)
- Kan Umsuupan (Drummer of Potato)
Should your child’s band be interested in representing KIS for the Battle of the Band competition, please
kindly mark the important dates below. Please note that KIS will not be creating any of the groups and the students must form their own groups and create their own Bands. Audition Sign Up will be open from now until 1st March. Please kindly have one member of the Band members come and inform me or a staff member in SEA of the band name, team members and their instruments, song name and preferred time slot (see below). You can also email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
|Time Slot||Thursday 8th March||Friday 8th March|
|#1||12:40 – 12:50
|12:40 – 12:50
|#2||12:50 – 13:00
|12:50 – 13:00
|#3||14:50 – 15:00
|#4||15:00 – 15:15
The auditions will be seen by Mr Bruno, Khun Jumbo (Sound Engineer) and myself. After the audition has taken place, we will notify you of the groups who have been selected via SMS no later than March 11th.
- The competition will be adjudicated in 3 categories: Primary G2-5, Lower Secondary G6-8 and High School G9-12
- Schools allowed to enter a maximum of two bands per age group
- The eldest member of the group will determine which age group they will be competing in.
- The competition is open for groups of two or more band members who may perform any music
- Solo Performances are not permitted to enter.
- The maximum members permitted in any one Band is 15 students
- The maximum time limit is eight minutes per Band
- There are no limit to the number of songs provided this does not go over 8 minutes
- Bands must audition with the song they are planning to play at the competition
- Song choices must not use offensive or suggestive language
After the team announcement, your child’s band will then have time to practice and are welcome to come and book the school’s band rooms through SEA. Closer to the date we will send out further details
regarding the event.
Should you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact me at email@example.com. Thank you for your continued support and I look forward to what will hopefully be another successful year for KIS’s Bands.