Collection of Personal Belongings
Dear EY3 Parents
Your child’s books, artifacts and other resources will be ready to be collected from KIS this Thursday and Friday (May 14th-15th) from 8:30AM – 3:30PM. They will be placed in large plastic bags clearly labelled with each student’s name and grade. Please collect the bags from the KIS car park (secondary school entrance). Please wear a mask and note that students are not allowed on school premises.
Different grades have different pick-up days, so Thursday and Friday have been assigned as the pick-up days for families with 2 or more children.
Teachers and EAs will be preparing the materials for collection. The collected resources will include materials for the EY Spirit Day which will take place on Tuesday 19th May.
If you have materials at home such as library books that need to be returned there will be a collection point available. Please bring them with you to school.
* * * * *
In addition to the guidelines shown in the image below (click to enlarge), here are a few pointers to keep in mind:
– Students should be seated, either on a chair at a table/desk, or on the floor (preferably with their back to a wall)
– Whatever device the student is using, it should be positioned in such a way that their hands are free. If necessary, prop up tablets or mobile phones at eye level so that the student’s face is clearly visible.
– Please keep backgrounds simple for instructional ZOOM lessons. Green-screen type VR backgrounds are more suitable for social ZOOMs (example House Meet-Up ZOOMs and upcoming Spirit Activity Day ZOOMs).
– Students should be aware of how to Mute & Unmute their microphones (and know when it is appropriate to do so) as well as Leave a meeting when it’s over. Your child may need your support on how to to do these until they can do it independently.
– Please ensure that students eat either before their ZOOM meeting, or wait until it is over.
Thank you for your support.
* * * * *
Distance Learning Activities
Below is a link for this week’s Blue Book activities.
EY3 Blue Book Instructions (May11-15)
Also, you can access our weekly plans as well as our schedule that includes students’ “I Can” statements as well as the Learning Objectives for each activity. You can find these in the EY3 Weekly Planning and Home Learning (Emergencies) links under Pages on the right-hand side of this blog page.
* * * * *
Choice Board (for Can Do activities):
Once again this week, we are also including a Choice Board that has 6 engaging and fun inquiry activities that your child and you can do at home. These activities are all linked to the unit through ATLs and subjects, and each one has a goal for the children to accomplish. They also list all the resources that your child will need for the activity. If your child would like to share their learning, they can post it to Seesaw.
Just click on the picture for the board. Once it opens, click ‘Present’ and HAVE FUN!
Here is a list of resources/places you can visit that can support you and your child’s learning at home.
If you have any questions/concerns, please don’t hesitate to contact us via email.
The EY3 Team
* * * * *
Pick-up Days for EY3 belongings – May 14th-15th (8:30-3:30)
Early Years Spirit Activity Day – Tue. 19th May
EY3 Mini Coffee Meeting – Tue. 26th May @ 10:00 AM
HM Queen Suthida’s Birthday – Wed. 3rd June (NO SCHOOL)