This week in G1
We have been busily preparing for our first Student Led Conferences since the start of the pandemic. The centres are ready for families to visit.
In each G1 class, there are 6 centres. Each student can visit in the allotted hour and circulate the centres to share their learning and experiences. The centres are as follow:
The students have made a video running through the 6 units and the transcdisciplinary themes that have been covered in G1.
The students will explain what they think about numberlines and highlight patterns and rules within them.They will also demonstrate how they know how to move the hands on the clock using their knowledge of hours, minutes, quarters and halves, as well as skip counting.
Inquiry and core values
The students will share how Kelso’s Chices are used to solve problems and make a harmonious community in G1. They will also talk about roles and responsibilities in G1.
Thai And TAL
At this centre, TAL students are sharing Thai vocabulary books, Thai students are sharing reading skills and each class has an artifact from the unit about expression to share with their family.
G1 will share the process of writing from initial brainstorm, to seeding an idea, making notes, drafting and finally publishing.
A years’ sample of our most impressive thinking and contributions is available before it is taken home at the end of the year. This reflects on a year in G1.
On Friday, we supported each other in visiting each section, looking through and commenting on each others’ presentations and enjoying reflection on our progress as a community this year.
Next Week in G1
Student led conferences
There are no classes or after school clube on Monday 16th May. At the allocated time, G1 students and parents can come in to the class for one hour to circulate arond the centres. Students should wear school uniform. Here are the protocols for the conference under the covid guidelines.
- Parents have made an hour appointment on the set schedule and bring in their child for that time only
- Parents with more than one child have signed up for consecutive hours.
- Only 2 adults per child ( 6 parents and 3 children in a 1-hour rotation )
- Hourly sessions will be 8:00-9:00, 9:15-10-15, 10:30-11:30, 11:45-12:45 and 1:00-2:00 (There is 15 minutes between rotations to wipe tables and reset)
- Students only come in for their appointed hour and then leave – its a no-school day for them (There will be 3 students each session.)
- Hand sanitizing stations will be outside the external classroom door for parents and students
- Masks must be worn at all times
- ATKs tests are expected for staff, parents, and students the day before
We will be exploring stories and work on outlining beginning, middle and end, as well as, detailing characters – both appearance and inner character.
We will be working on adding and subtracting double digits and explaining strategies for calculating these. We will also discuss and investigate fractions to develop our knowledge and vocabulary to describe our thinking.
As we delve further into Communities, we will ask questions and discover about the function of roles and responsibilities within communities to go further in our inquiries.
Dates to remember
Monday May 16th – Student-Led Conferences (no after school clubs)
Friday June 3rd – HM Queen Suthida’s Birthday (holiday, school and office closed)
Friday June 10th – Last Day of School (half day, 12:00pm dismissal)