Good afternoon G3 Parents and Families,
We have had such an amazing week of learning and being able to share our work with others and across the grade and throughout the school.
Thank you so much for signing up for SLC this coming Monday. The students are super excited to share their learning with you all! In case you haven’t gotten round to it yet please use this link to sign up. G3_Sign up SLC 2021-22
You have a real treat when you come into school on Monday for G3 SLC conferences next week as there is some wonderful work that has been put on display in the atrium.
Students worked super hard on updating their Learning Portfolio’s ready to share with you all Monday.
Afterwards students continued the learning about Persuasive Writing. The main focus was completing their first draft and looking how they can improve their work by choosing two different language devices to add such as:
- Rhetorical questions
- Emotive language
Students got to grips with learning the meaning of the word sustainability! Students read differentiated passages on the topic of sustainability then had to complete a variety of questions to clarify and extend their understanding on a Jamboard.
This students this week did an amazing job in demonstrating their understanding of decimals. We focused on tenths and looked at ways we could order them on a number line and then moved on to adding and subtracting tenths and using logic to solve problems.
Students continued to work through the units using Wonder Reads in their class reading groups. There will be a combination of reading and writing activities for the students to do. Students will use a range of reading platforms (ORT, library books, Raz, Epic & Newslea) to read for pleasure at an instructional level. Students are encouraged to apply and use reading strategies when reading both independently and with an adult. Students should be reading three Raz books a week.
Student Conferences Monday 16th May
Below are a few things to expect.
Remember this is a time where students get to share their work with you. If you want to talk to the class teacher about your child’s progress then you will need to make a separate appointment for another time.
- Parents will make an hour appointment on the set schedule and bring in their child for that time only
- Only 2 adults per child (so 8 parents and 4 children in a 1-hour rotation
- Hourly sessions will be 8:00-9:00, 9:15-10-15, 10:30-11:30, 11:45-12:45 and 1:00-2:00 (There is 15 minutes between rotations to wipe tables and reset)
- Students only come in for their appointed hour and then leave – it’s a no-school day for them (There will be 4 students each session.)
- There will be 4 centres in your child’s classroom for parents and students to rotate.
- Hand sanitizing stations will be outside the external classroom door for parents and students
- Masks must be worn at all times
- ATKs tests are expected for staff, parents, and students the day before
Ms June, So long & farewell
As you already know Ms June is retiring at the end of the school year. Please take some time to say goodbye to her. Check out the Seesaw Activity where you can be as creative as you can in saying goodbye.
Here is the Student Link: So Long, Farewell Ms June!
Please find the planner for Term 2 Week 27th – 16th – 20th May at this link.
- What is energy? Where does it come from?
- What are the different types of renewable energy?
- Introduction to solar ovens and QA with EY2.
- Students will get to test their own solar ovens.
Old Pizza boxes & Shoe boxes needed!
In order to carry out the solar ovens experiment this coming Thursday we will need pizza boxes or shoe boxes. If you can send them in before next Thursday that will be amazing.
Students will continue to work through the units using Wonder Reads in their class reading groups.
We will be moving on to exploring what is data and how do we collect it?
- Collect data of choice in class – how would you present it?
- Three different alternative ways to present the same data from yesterday?
- Which was most effective & why?
- Swimming, All non swimmers are expected to provide a medical note. They can be sent via email or hard copies handed to class teachers.
Link to PE blog – https://sites.google.com/edu.kis.ac.th/kispyppeswimming/pe-lgs
Students will arrive at school with their swimming costume under the uniform unless they have swimming after lunch (don’t forget to pack underwear in the bags).
ECA’s will continue every Wednesday for G3 Students. Please make sure your child knows on which day and what activity they will be doing.
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to reach Ms. Wowchuk (firstname.lastname@example.org) Ms. May (email@example.com).
- Monday 16th May Student Led Conferences
Thank you for your ongoing support and as always, if you have any questions don’t hesitate to contact your homeroom teacher.
Enjoy the weekend!
Ms. Jen – firstname.lastname@example.org
Mr. Marc – email@example.com
Ms. Ronyii – firstname.lastname@example.org