Information and Communication Technology (ICT) is transforming rapidly our society and has a great effect on our view on learning and teaching. One of the most important factor of this field is that it is so fast paced, ever-changing entity that it might easily overwhelm students, teachers, and parents.
In this blog I will provide insight and practical step by step how-to’s of how to integrate ICT into Primary Years Programme, take ownership of different technologies that are useful, and improve virtual and physical learning environments in school.
- Writing and Reading- An Inquiry way to integrate ICT in early years classroom. A systematic and researched model to teach writing and reading.
- Integrated reading program – Raz-Kids
- Teacher How-To: Setup Running Records
- Parent How-To: Reading with iPads
- Classroom management system – Classdojo
- iPad integration – making a shift from a consumer of knowledge to a producer of knowledge.
- Free Software – bringing in software that is meant for schools not corporations.
- ICT Scope and Sequence – an evolving document that approaches ICT integration through concepts and skills.
- Learning Management Systems – what are the benefits and differences between different systems and why should we use blended models at school.
- Collaborative Planning tools – How can we effectively manage our planning, assessment, attendance, reporting, and communication.