June 15 – July 3, 2015
Monday to Friday | 9:30am – 2:30pm
The 2015 Summer Basketball Clinic will provide boys and girls ages 8-14 years old or RG3-RG9 with a structured basketball learning experience that encourages team participation and personal development. As well as developing a whole range of skills, students will be able to show these skills in small sided games.
What does the Basketball Clinic aim for?
- Working with students to perfecting their shooting technique
- Helping students to be able to perform both left and right handed layups
- Improving dribbling, as well as speed and agility with the ball
- Enhancing accuracy, power and distance in their passing ability
- Looking at different forms of defense, such as zones, man-to-man and sagging defense
- Exploring the different types of offense and how to break all ranges of defense
Samuel Michael Holloway (Coach Sam)
Coach Sam graduated from the top sports university in Wales, Cardiff Metropolitan University with a bachelor’s degree in Sports Coaching. Since his employment at KIS, he has helped to improve the Coaching Program for sports and this year has coached his own teams to a League title (U15 Girls Basketball) and Tournament title (U11 Boys Futsal) for TISAC. He has also helped to encourage further development for students through the organization of weekend workshops and entering into tournaments outside of Bangkok. He brings his knowledge of the TISAC leagues as a player and coach, to help students further their development.
Darunpong Apriomvilaichai (Coach Poy)
Coach Poy is a professional player and member of the Thai National team. Poy has won 4 championships with the Thewpaingarm School. Poy was also a member of The Bangkok Cobras team in The ASEAN Basketball League (ABL) where he was coached by legendary player and Coach Joe “Jelly Bean” Bryant (father of NBA star Kobe Bryant). Coach Poy brings a wealth of experience and knowledge of the game to help students improve their skills.